If you take a look at the first picture above, you’ll see a Mission Hills home with beautiful bones but a worn, dated exterior. Our client’s vision for their property was to take it to a new level with freshly-protected surfaces, completed repairs, and stylish curb appeal.
Join us for a tour of this fun exterior painting project!
Our Essential Steps Before Beginning to Paint
Every quality painting process begins with thorough prep; this is the only way to achieve a level of adhesion and surface integrity that will really endure.
Because our client wanted to steer away from the stained look, we prepped and primed the wood shingles, getting them ready for the paint to come.
We also repaired the beams within the structure of the front porch using Flex-Tec epoxy. After careful analysis of the condition and extent of the damage, we decided that this would be the ideal way to restore the surface and provide a strong, headache-free foundation for the new paint.
What Exterior Paint Colors Did We Use?
Just in case you see something here that you like, we’ve linked to the colors below. Our two manufacturers of choice for this particular project were Sherwin-Williams (SuperPaint line) and Dunn-Edwards Paints. They apply beautifully, resist the elements, and are long-lasting products. Just what we were looking for!
- Main body of the house – Sherwin-Williams “Connected Gray” #6165
- Trim - Dunn-Edwards Whisper White DEW 340
- Window frames and door trim – Sherwin-Williams “Garden Gate” #6167
- Double doors (left side of house) – Sherwin-Williams “Connected Gray #6165
- Single door (rear of house) - Dunn Edwards Whisper White DEW 340
- Eaves and the wood portion of the porch columns – Dunn Edwards Whisper White DEW 340
- Trim line around the house that separates the shake and the panels – Sherwin-Williams “French Roast” #6069
- Ceiling wood on the underside of porch – Sherwin-Williams “Beach House” #7518
- Chimney and stucco section of porch columns – Sherwin-Williams “Mexican Sand” #7519
Planning a House Painting Project in the San Diego Area?
If so, we hope you will give us a call at Chism Brothers Painting. It would be our pleasure to serve you and your home.
- Call Chism Brothers today!
- (858) 454-3850